xo-b.com – Which of the Following is Not a Dimension of Wellness.
Wellness is not just almost how far you can run or how well you lot avert junk food. Instead, wellness is a multi-dimensional approach to improving quality of life, taking into account a person’s wellness and well-being across different areas of life.
Equally more and more than organizations look to develop workplace health programs as a fashion to improve productivity, increase employee engagement, and reduce healthcare costs, it’s of import to accept a meaningful definition of health and then that managers can design the most effective programs possible.
Our workplace wellness assessment worksheet is designed to aid CEOs, Homo Resources managers, and other workplace leaders evaluate how well their current employee wellness programs accept into account the full definition of wellness, which includes vi different dimensions of life.
What Are the Six Dimensions of Wellness?
To get a proper agreement of how salubrious your employees are, it’southward essential to take a multi-factorial approach.
Wellness consists of six different dimensions that affect us all:
Physical wellness is the dimension of life that represents how energetic and focused someone feels. It as well encompasses someone’southward relative strength, endurance, and mobility. To obtain better physical fettle, we need to practise, eat a nutrient-rich diet, drink enough of water, and become sufficient loftier-quality sleep.
Mental health refers to how people cope with life’south challenges. People with high levels of mental wellness are capable of navigating various stressors and changing situations. Staying physically agile, cultivating healthy relationships, and finding meaningful work tin can contribute to improve mental well-being.
Emotional wellness is the measure of how well an individual understands and manages their emotions. Emotionally resilient people are able to limited their emotions in a healthy way and are amend able to handle confrontation while keeping a positive attitude.
Spiritual wellness encompasses a person’south personal belief organization or earth view. It’s often tied to a person’s sense of personal identity and the significant they pursue in life. A healthy spiritual life can be cultivated in a variety of ways, including through traditional religious practices, as well as taking time for self-reflection.
Social health refers to a person’southward relationships with others. Whether it’s family, friends, coworkers, or the broader community, people with loftier social well-existence feel an exchange of positive feelings between themselves and those in their lives. In a workplace, social wellness promotes improve collaboration and higher productivity.
half dozen. Ecology:
Environmental health is the quality of the relationship a person has with their surroundings. A high ecology wellness profile might wait like a deeper attunement to the bi-directional relationship between personal health and the environment. People may adopt sure lifestyle practices that reflect their awareness of their impact on the environment or to avert certain wellness hazards.
What Is a Workplace Wellness Assessment?
To design and implement an effective workplace wellness program, managers must take into account whole-picture wellness. Optimal personal wellness looks similar a residual between the half dozen dimensions, with each area beingness addressed and on the path to fulfillment.
Strategic workplace wellness initiatives provide ways of helping employees evaluate full wellness scores, offering incentives and back up to better areas that are lacking. Past reviewing whether your current workplace wellness program addresses all six dimensions of wellness, your system can exist better equipped to make intelligent program improvements that will event in meaningful results in employee well-existence.
That’southward where an employee health assessment comes in. Our workplace wellness worksheet helps managers reflect on and appraise the degree to which their organization promotes, supports, monitors, and attempts to improve each dimension of wellness amidst participating employees.
Using a questionnaire approach that covers different topics nether each dimension of wellness, our worksheet can be used equally a quarterly or ongoing tool to aid those in charge of workplace health build a more than effective and impactful programme for employees.
Workplace Wellness Survey Questions
This workplace health worksheet contains 30 questions — 5 questions per wellness dimension. For each question, you’ll be prompted to consider how strongly y’all agree or disagree with certain statements on a scale from 1 to v:
- ane — Strongly disagree
- 2 — Disagree
- iii — Neutral
- 4 — Agree
- v — Strongly concur
At the cease of the questionnaire, you’ll tally up your score for each wellness dimension with 25 existence a perfect score. Based on your results, y’all’ll be able to run into which wellness dimensions your organization is currently committed to and which ones are currently not a priority, suggesting the need for an action programme.
Review the questions beneath for each of the six dimensions of health and record your scores for each category.
To assess how your organization fosters concrete health in the workplace, indicate how strongly you lot concord with the following statements:
i. Our organization routinely hosts walking meetings or other alternatives to sedentary work.
2. Information technology is important to provide our employees with standing desks or encourage movement breaks to prevent prolonged sitting.
3. Our system offers adequate reimbursements for gym memberships and other fettle programs.
iv. Our organizations offer smoking cessation and/or weight management support, too as regular healthcare screenings as part of our wellness benefits package.
5. Our workplace provides or encourages good for you eating options, including offering various dietary alternatives at work lunches or other events.
Calculate and record your total physical wellness score out of 25.
To assess how your organization supports mental wellness in the workplace, point how strongly you agree with the following statements:
one. Our organization provides adequate support for skills development and encourages new learning opportunities.
2. It is important that our system provide a workplace environment that stimulates inventiveness and fosters innovation.
3. Our organizational civilization views modify in a positive way and offers tools to assist employees grow within or across their roles.
4. Our leaders are dedicated to providing ongoing constructive feedback to employees to help them improve their performance.
5. Stress direction and work-life residuum are essential priorities within our organization.
Calculate and tape your total mental wellness score out of 25.
To appraise how your organization supports emotional health in the workplace, signal how strongly y’all agree with the following statements:
1. Our organisation encourages employees to share their feedback and express their concerns openly.
2. Managers inside our system are trained to place and support employees with exhaustion, absence, and job dissatisfaction.
3. Our organization supports employees in their power to adapt to new situations.
4. Our healthcare benefits and/or wellness programs offer adequate reimbursement and back up for professional counseling or coaching services.
five. Our organization has means of measuring employee engagement, including morale and enthusiasm in the workplace.
Summate and record your total emotional wellness score out of 25.
To assess how your arrangement supports spiritual health in the workplace, indicate how strongly yous concur with the following statements:
i. As part of our hiring process, our organization vets employees for cultural fit, including alignment with the person’south life purpose and meaning.
2. Our arrangement respects the diverse beliefs and world views of our employees, including their personal values and morals.
3. Our organization is respectful and accommodating of the diverse spiritual and religious beliefs of our employees.
4. Information technology is important for our organization to provide charitable contributions, including fiscal and volunteer support, and to involve employees in charitable service.
5. Our organization conducts regular job satisfaction evaluations that involve having employees reflect on how fulfilled they experience with the piece of work they do.
Calculate and record your total spiritual score out of 25.
To appraise how your organisation supports social health in the workplace, betoken how strongly yous agree with the following statements:
1. Our organization provides opportunities for collaborative piece of work within and across departments and teams.
2. Our management team takes time to interact with employees and cultivate friendly working relationships with dissimilar employees and teams.
iii. Information technology is of import to our organization that we regularly sponsor and host social functions, including holiday parties and other celebrations.
4. Our organization dedicates time to team-building activities and events.
5. Our system emphasizes open up communication as a fashion to improve organizational success.
Calculate and record your total social wellness score out of 25.
To assess how your organization encourages environmental health in the workplace, point how strongly yous agree with the following statements:
1. Information technology is important to our organization that we encourage environmentally responsible behaviors.
2. Our organization makes an try to minimize consumption and find environmentally friendly alternatives to business supplies and practices.
three. It is important for workplaces to be environmentally good for you, including having good indoor air quality, adequate natural lighting, and high cleanliness and sanitation.
iv. Our organization has a health and condom plan in place that is communicated regularly to all employees.
5. It is important to make our workplace comfortable and provide working conditions that are conducive to optimal health and operation.
Calculate and record your total environmental wellness score out of 25.
Interpreting Your Results
Calculate your scores for each of the six wellness dimensions and find and review your rating below.
Scores of 17-25:
Excellent — Your score reflects that your arrangement strongly prioritizes this dimension of employee wellness. You probable find that your programs or initiatives that support this dimension of wellness produce a tangible ROI or elicit positive feedback from your team.
Scores of 9-xvi:
Off-white — Your squad is striving toward better employee health. Have stock of which areas of wellness have room for comeback while celebrating the electric current efforts that are working. Consider that even minor changes to each dimension of wellness can assist your organization achieve its goals.
Scores of 1-8:
Poor — A low score indicates a lack of prioritizing this dimension of health. Mayhap information technology’s unclear how a given wellness dimension integrates into your workplace or how your arrangement can do good from employees being healthy in this aspect of health. By learning about the benefits of employee wellness, your organization tin incorporate a greater focus on well-being.
Accomplish the 6 Dimensions of Wellness With Employee Wellness Programs
The best workplace wellness programs have into business relationship each of the six dimensions of health, providing a well-rounded approach to improving employee well-being. Building a thoughtful wellness plan that addresses multiple aspects of an employee’s well-being helps better the plan’s effectiveness and optimizes your ROI on employee health programs.
Download our Workplace Health Assessment Worksheet for a convenient way to record, calculate, and review your current program’due south score. Our fillable workplace wellness questionnaire PDF is a user-friendly way to salvage your scores and behave an ongoing organizational evaluation.
Learn more than about designing and implementing a successful workplace wellness programme. Download our Free Guide to Employee Health Programs today.
Originally published June ten, 2022 – thirteen:54 PM, updated September eight, 2022
https://world wide web.unh.edu/health/emotional-wellness
https://world wide web.frontiersin.org/articles/x.3389/fpsyg.2020.01997/total
Which of the Following is Not a Dimension of Wellness