Which of the Following Activities Would Qualify as Community Involvement.
Community Involvement Hours (CIH) &
Opportunities for DSBN Academy students
Please observe beneath opportunities available to you which have identify across the walls of DSBN Academy. Some of these activities authorize for Community Involvement Hour; others are simply bully experiences for your consideration.
Additional information regarding adjustments to the Community Interest Hours requirement for 2021-2022, has been posted in your D2L Grade Pages.
Hour Republic Tutorial
Hour Republic Pupil Sign Up Instructions using D2L
Adding Volunteer Hours in Hour Democracy – How To!
DSBN Volunteer Opportunities
A listing of local, national, and global organizations with potential opportunities
CIH – Eligible Activities and Ineligible Activities
City of St.Catharines Special Events Volunteer Form
DSBN Community Involvement Manual
All loftier schools students must complete 40 hours of community involvement by the time they graduate from Grade 12. Students may begin to accumulate volunteer hours in the summer between Form 8 and Grade nine. Students may do as many different volunteer activities as they’d similar as long as the full number of hours adds up to 40 and are logged through 60 minutes Republic.
Admission Hour Republic through D2L.
Be sure to review the Ontario Secondary Schoolhouse Diploma (OSSD) Guidelines from the Ontario Ministry of Education before yous begin. Below are some important details to annotation.
The following activities are examples of pre-approved, eligible activities. Additional activities may be eligible, this is not a comprehensive list. If you are unsure of any of the examples listed above or the eligibility of your proposed activity, please contact your secondary school guidance section.
- Provincial and national non-profit organizations such as Heart and Stroke Foundation, United Way, Daughter Guides and Scouting of Canada, Canadian Red Cross, Canadian Cancer Society, Rotary and Service Clubs, Humane Gild, Big Brothers/Large Sisters, Arthritis Social club, Habitat for Humanity
- Fundraising or sensation run/walk events
- Coaching / Coaches Helper / Leader in Grooming programs with non-profit organizations
- Region or city organized customs events
- Supporting work of a global nature, promoting ecology sensation
- Food Bank Organizations
The Ministry’south Listing of Ineligible Activities:
- is a requirement of a class or course in which the pupil is enrolled (e.one thousand., cooperative pedagogy portion of a course, job shadowing, piece of work experience);
- takes place during the fourth dimension allotted for the instructional plan on a schoolhouse twenty-four hour period. However, an activity that takes place during the educatee’due south dejeuner breaks or “spare” periods is permissible;
- takes identify in a logging or mining surroundings, if the student is under sixteen years of age;
- takes identify in a manufacturing plant, if the educatee is under fifteen years of age;
- takes identify in a workplace other than a factory, if the pupil is under xiv years of age and is not accompanied by an adult;
- would usually exist performed for wages by a person in the workplace;
- involves the operation of a vehicle, power tools, or scaffolding;
- involves the administration of any type or course of medication or medical procedure to other persons;
- involves handling of substances classed as “designated substances” under the Occupational Health and Safety Act;
- requires the noesis of a tradesperson whose trade is regulated by the provincial authorities;
- involves banking or the treatment of securities, or the handling of jewellery, works of art, antiques, or other valuables;
- consists of duties commonly performed in the home (i.e., daily chores) or personal recreational activities;
- involves activities for a courtroom-ordered programme (e.g., customs-service plan for young offenders, probationary program).
Which of the Following Activities Would Qualify as Community Involvement